Thursday, January 15, 2009

I want to ride my Bicycle!


So I am back in Utah! It is very cold and there is still some snow/ice on the ground from a snowstorm we had last week. I really wasn't expecting to come back, but for some reason... I did. So here I am in cold Provo. After I decided to go (the day before I left) I remembered that I left a very dear friend in Utah... my bike Lily! I was so excited when I remembered that and I couldn't wait to get my bike from Jesse's house. So I finally got it last Sat night and then I got it tuned and fixed on Monday, and got it back from that on Tuesday. I now ride it to and from class! It is very exciting, but very cold.

On BYU campus there is a hill southwest of campus major that is half for bikes and half for pedestrians. It is kinda steep and really fun to go down. Well Wednesday I was going down it and I was keeping my speed down, and tapping my breaks every so often so I wouldn't lose control. I had already avoided two pedestrians walking on the wrong side of the hill when all of a sudden at one of the breaks in the railing a girl on her cell phone steps out in front of me! I slammed on my brakes and almost killed myself in that process, but of course I was going downhill on a semi icy path and I couldn't stop. Luckily someone pulled her out of the way before I reached her or she or I would have died. The moral of the story is LOOK!

So I love my bike, and I love to ride it everywhere. Even when its super cold outside. The way I see it is I am in the cold for less time then if I were to walk. So there you go. I'm crazy yes, but also smart.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're welcome. :-)

Hana said...

such crazy college students - I feel the unaware pedestrian problem is worse at BYU than any other college

Unknown said...

i think its just all the people are unaware of life... unless it has a hott boy in front of them or ice cream